Tuesday, March 11, 2014

AH-HAH Moment

Whilst reading Dr. Preston's post "How We Read", the Latin phrase at the end of the post caught my eye.  I could think of nothing but that phrase, "Sapere Aude", and what it could possibly mean.

This is (almost) the 'ah-hah!' part.

So I'm sitting on my bed, electric blanket on full heat, and yet I wasn't even close to comfortable.  This two words were ruining my relaxation, raucously slamming against the walls of my brain and heckling me, taunting my inferior intellect.

'Ah-Hah!'

Without warning, a thought popped into my head so suddenly, I had to snap off my reggae and focus on this tiny voice in my head.  You want to know what it was saying?

"Look it up, dumbass...  Use the internet, moron..."

Light bulb!  I hopped over to Google translate and typed in that annoying phrase.  Within seconds, I had my answer


Sapere Aude = "Dare to be wise."

My mind was blown.  It was then and there that I decided to take that saying as my personal credo and post it on every scrap of paper within reach. 

So I guess what i'm trying to say here is, well, thanks, Dr. Preston.  Thank you for possibly making my whole life just a little more awesome.

Peace.
CA

No comments:

Post a Comment