Monday, August 19, 2013

Reflections on Week 1

  1. Are there any factors that you think are going to affect your participation or experience in this class? Access to a computer?  Mobile/smart phone?  Transportation?  Friends/family? Schedule?
  2. Think of an awesome best ever learning experience that changed you. What did you learn? Where were you? What happened? Who else was there? Did it teach you anything about how you learn (or pay attention... or remember, or think?) How did you know what was happening? 
  3. What are you most [excited/concerned] about in this class? What do you look forward to in learning?  How do you think it can/will make a practical difference in your life?
1.  I will never have a stipulation on this class that would prevent me from performing in this class.  I have too much fun in this class for something as little as the inability to get on a computer to hinder my performance in class.
2.  Last year, I took a mind-blowing English class (taught by none other than Dr. Preston himself [and no, I'm not trying to brown-nose, just expressing my love for the method] ) in which I was allowed to write a spectacular novel.  All I had to do was ask.  While writing my novel, I often found myself chuckling to myself.  That was the moment when I realized that I was having more fun doing schoolwork than ever before.  And that was Junior year.  I thought that I could effectively multiply that fun by 10 by being in this class.  :)
3.  NOVEMBER!!!!  Come November, (and I have confirmed this with Mister-Doctor-Professor Patrick [I mean, Preston :)] )  I will be leading a group of hopeful writers during lunch to become prepared for National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short.

No comments:

Post a Comment